mercoledì 7 marzo 2012

Adrian Magdaleno Gonzalez


Adrian Magdaleno Gonzalez, a university student of 21 years, has been sentenced to 7 years 11 months and five days (he was detained last February 2010) at the Reclusorio Norte del Distrito Federal Prison.

The charges are threatening the social peace and damage to private property; he was linked to a bomb attempt at the Bank Banamex (sponsors of bullfighting) in September 2009 causing serious damage and also for a bomb on the subway construction in Mexico City. In Mexico City a new subway is being built over wild habitat. The subway construction is destroying wild ecosystems.

Adrian’s vegan diet leads to the exchange of food among prisoners.

For more information or to send letters of support, email us at: newsletter@arprisoners.org


Letter from Adrian Magdaleno, July 2010

Greetings to supportive colleagues and those who clandestinely have joined the destruction of the Techno Industrial System. I would like to tell you how I ended up in prison, and my situation inside for almost five months. Today I am kidnapped by one of the gears of the machine, for attacking its peace, for threatening its stability, order and tranquillity; in spite of giving me this hell I will be their hell! Fires will grow every time that forest is exploited, every time the trees are felled in the name of progress and civilization. As long as they continue dominating animals and destroying the land, there will always be someone prepared to attack their machines, their cars, their alienating institutions and all dominating and destructive gear.

Progress continues growing, the proof of that is the construction of the new Federal District subway line, which will have a shopping centre, occupying their ‘ecological reserves’ to raise human, animal and land extermination centres such as factories, prisons, law enforcement agencies and shops that promote animal and earth exploitation. In this situation, anger and hate made me act against this means of transport.

The objective: sabotage, by placing an explosive device inside a wagon to cause economic damage, to break their security, because with their CCTV and other surveillance, I managed to infiltrate, to disestablish their peacefulness and progress, and in this way to stop them from building another subway line. My plan was to infiltrate inside the subway, and on arriving at the terminal to activate the device when the area was clear of people and safe to detonate.

I’m not a terrorist. I didn’t want to harm anybody. My action was in favour of human, animal and earth liberation. I dressed like a normal person who doesn’t present any hazard to the ‘machine’. I went with the device in my hand, I can not deny that I was very nervous, my heartbeat and breathing were both very fast. I had just seconds to reach the terminal and activate the device. For a moment I decided to abandon the action and go home, but my anger told me that this couldn’t be, so I returned with more courage. Once I arrived at the terminal I activated the device but an error made it explode sooner than I planned.

When people heard the explosion, they activated the emergency alarms, the doors were closed. People were pointing at me and I could not run away. I thought everything was lost and I would be in the hands of the police, and so it was. For my safety no one knew of this action, therefore nobody knew about my detention. At the Public Ministry agency I was interrogated for nearly 12 hours, the police as always pretended be on my side, although I always denied being involved in the action, they threatened to hurt my family. They tried to locate my home; I had given a false address.
Police said they couldn’t find it and it was the time to provide them the right address. I wasn’t allowed to phone anybody, and the interrogation continued as well as the threats. Finally they located my house. A policeman arrived and asked me if my house had certain features. I thought they would bring my family and would hit them in front of me to force me to confess and give information.

There was no exit and I accepted the facts. The questions and intimidation continued to gain information. There were more than 10 people questioning me. I do not belong to any subversive group or anything like that. I planned and acted alone, so I didn’t have the information they were after, and even if I had it I would have never given it to them.

Finally I went to a room to write my statement. There were two policemen present to register the statement, the public defender was not present and among insults and blows, I signed the statement, in which they exaggerated the facts and added things that I had never said. During three days of torture, I could not communicate with my family, I could not go to the bathroom, they did not feed me, they did not allow me to sleep, I received five visits from different people including the republic police court, who questioned me again; they insulted me and humiliated me. They took pictures of me as if I was a trophy for those bastards. After all this, I was sent to prison. A few days later they informed me that my house had been raided and they had sadly taken my computer among other items that linked me with the action.
Two months later I was sentenced to almost six years, but the Public Ministry were unhappy and they managed to increase my sentence.

I am now serving a sentence of 7 years 11 months and 5 days and all for not taking online security seriously, and although from your first action you run the risk of being arrested, it is worth getting rid of all evidence. I am now deprived of my freedom, from being with the people I love, and many other things. Although every damn minute in prison makes me think that I may not endure more time here, I don’t regret what I did. They will not alienate me, they will not bend me.

Adrian Magdaleno Gonzalez

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento